Tuesday 5 June 2012

Who loves ya Daisy???


Hi everyone,

Two posts in two days!  I think this long bank holiday weekend is bringing some inspirational magic...  To be honest I intended to draft this post and publish it when I had nothing to say, but I just can't wait!!!!!

This daisy square came about because of a free gift in a magazine.  This came with an edition of 'simply Homemade' a few months ago now.


A flower loom isn't something I would probably have bought myself, but in a fit of boredom I decided to give it a try.  I got onto youtube to see how it worked (as the magazine is long gone) and made a couple of flowers.  I thought they were quite nice, but I didn't know what I would do with them.

 Then the 'what ifs' started...  you know the 'I don't like the middle of these flowers... what if I crocheted a middle?' what ifs...  I think all my patterns come from 'what if' moments.  So began my quest to create a flower loom crocheted square which utilised the best bit of the flower made from a loom - the petals - with a crocheted middle and an attached square.  And 'Who loves ya Daisy Square' is the result!



They're a wee bit fiddly to make, but oh so worth it I think.  You don't even need a fancy flower loom to make them; I found a great link to make a homemade flower loom here.   So if you fancy giving them a try here's a tutorial to get you started...

Who loves ya Daisy Square



I NOW HAVE A NEW WEBSITE AND THIS PATTERN CAN BE FOUND AT -


http://psicrochet.com/portfolio-items/who-loves-ya-daisy/



Enjoy!

I'm back at work tomorrow, so you may not hear from me again for some time!

Happy crocheting!

Karen
xx

42 comments:

  1. A cute little flower. I like it.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that is very pretty. What a great idea to make a square around the flower.
    (sorry I have to say something nice again, I can't help it ;-)

    Groetjes, Monique

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it is great! I´ll look for the loom here in Czech Republic, may be it is also available here. Thanks for the inspiration!!! LenkaH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ależ to jet ładne,pracochłonne ale piękne
    pozdrawiam
    http://szydelkoizy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that's really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's beautiful and very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello Karen
    Very neat!
    haven't seen one of those gadgets before... was that very fiddly?....love this flower motif though.

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What if you'd grabbed green instead of blue? A field of pretty Daisies. But blue grass is just as pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful - i'll have to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is really great. I think I might use them to make a blanket. Lots of work but winter has start here so lots of indoor time. Thank you for taking the time to right a tutorial and sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this tutorial is simply fantastic!!! Thank you so much!!!
    xxxx Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you. I have one of these so now I know how to use it. Great !!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooooh...I used to play with a flower loom at my granny's house when I was wee, I think I need to go digging in her attic to see if she still has it! Great idea, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sencillamente ¡Preciosa!
    Saludos...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderfully simple idea and very effective. Great tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. GREAT!!! I love this daisy!! Unfortunately here in Italy I've never seen this flower square...
    thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Preciosa. A mi amado Kroft le encantaban las margaritas así que el tutorial es perfecto para mi. Mil gracias
    Un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a novel and lovely idea for little girls:
    afghan possibilities as well as tie backs for curtains and a cute patch to add to a scarf or
    crocheted bag or knapsack!!!! Wonderful share thanx so much!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is fabulous! I had a flower loom and I made tons of them a couple of months back. I have no idea what to do with them, wish I'd seen this first!

    ReplyDelete
  20. your idea to attach the daisy flower to a square is wonderful...now I need to think up what I could do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I absolutely LOVE this daisy!!

    So pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is so cool. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome!!! I must try this! Thank you so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is fantastic! I would never have the same 'what-if' moments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. i used some loom daisy as decos on a little girls sweater some time back. never thought to take it to this extent! good thinking! wud make a cute afghan....
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is incredibly inspiring!
    I want to try it too. Thanks for sharing.


    Ciao Bella
    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  28. Bedankt voor het delen van je square.
    Ik heb een link geplaatst naar dit patroon op mijn blog
    http://knutsel-dekentje.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Warm Greetings!



    Today, I visit your website and after reading your blog i realize that it is very informative. I'm highly impressed to see the comprehensive resources being offered by your site.


    Thanks and Regards




    Niddle loom

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ohhh, that daisy is so beautiful!!!!!
    Blessings,
    Nadya

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love them daisies!! gotta get me one of those looms, thank you for the tutorial and links!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I have had a loom since I was a kid and ran out of ideas how to use them.of I go again, thank you!
    ,PS raffia makes good flowers

    ReplyDelete
  33. I have had a loom since I was a kid and ran out of ideas how to use them.of I go again, thank you!
    ,PS raffia makes good flowers

    ReplyDelete
  34. I have had a loom since I was a kid and ran out of ideas how to use them.of I go again, thank you!
    ,PS raffia makes good flowers

    ReplyDelete
  35. I would love to make this but the website link doesn't show the pattern any more :(

    ReplyDelete